Although I am always sad to leave Casa Maria, I came home with joy - the only way you can feel after visiting the Sister Servants, whether you like it or not! ;) It was a great retreat by Fr. Landry titled: Catholic Faithful as Disciples and Apostles in the New Evangelization. I greatly encourage you to buy the recording of this retreat. (The retreat might not be posted as available yet, but just email or call the sisters and they can ship a set to you.) It is a great explanation and encouragement of participating in the New Evangelization. Father explains our role as faithful Catholics in evangelizing the world. This may sound a bit crazy, but, as he said, to evangelize can by simply to be a witness. We must concentrate on our spirituality - not our image - but our lives, totally. We must conform our lives so that all the persons we meet might notice our goodness and wonder: "What makes them so happy?" It is joyful, prayerful witness, as Father explains, that attracts persons to Christ in His Church.
I left my precious crucifix with one of the sisters who is an amazing artist. She said she would fix up the not-so-attractive paint scheme and repair the chips. Thank you, sister!
I got to ring the bell that summons the retreatants for each conference. I only rang it once, but it was the first time! I also helped with the deer nets. The nets cover their beautiful flowers so the deer don't eat them. I can't wait to go back; I had such a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment