Because my own mama had to stay behind and play for the Masses at the Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul, I went to the Mother/Daughter Retreat by Father of Mercy Ben Cameron on the Luminous Mysteries with my God-mother and her daughter.
Meeting the girls
Sr. Joseph Marie explaining the habit
God-daughter and daughter
Sr. Ave Maria fondly and energetically embracing the timid girls...
The conference room at night. Since the Sisters' chapel is just large enough for the nuns, Mass is said in the conference room. (Thus, the life-sized Crucifix and statues) The permanent chapel is yet to be built.
St. Joseph
Notice the shadow on the wall
Our Lady
Am I artistic, or what?
Immediately behind this wall is the sisters' chapel.
Tabernacle in the chapel at about midnight
Jesus in the Eucharist (I can't remember the official name...)
Our Lady
The Rosary Crucifix with the carnation
Another of the Tabernacle
BFF
Preparing for the skit
The Novices! -also our skit directors...
The skit
Daughter in the skit
Me in the skit
daughter again in the skit
Nuns singing about Sr. Louise Marie shooting the armadillo (Don't worry, its only mostly true...)
Fr. Ben singing "The Minstrel Boy"
The Sacred Heart statue with fountain
Me and the statue
daughter with statue
Sisters rejoicing in the return of Sr. Benedicta Marie from Puerto Rico
Sisters up close... :)
Daughter, God-daughter, God-mother
Daughter with Sr. Mary Jude
God-daughter with Sr. Mary Jude
The tasty flowers (or at least the deer think so)
And the view as I was leaving... :'(

No comments:
Post a Comment