Tuesday, July 5

Two Truths Tuesday

Two Truths Tuesday




Lawrence Chamberlain,
by Jeff Daniels 
  
1.  I've watched Gods and Generals and am in the middle of the movie Gettysburg.  I just finished the Civil War chapter of American History and thought it was rushed and confusing.  So, we've been watching the movies, which have helped a lot.  And, Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain is my new hero.  I think he becomes my new hero every time I see the movie.

2.  We shot off our own fireworks last night!  They couldn't be too big in the neighborhood, but it was still a lot of fun.  We did not have noisemakers 'cause none of my family likes them.  It's established that Mr. B. is afraid of the 4th of July.  :)

3.  I sang the Responsory Psalm for Sunday's Mass from the Lectern.  Quite and amazing feat, for me.  This is the person who would cry if pressured to play piano in front of ten people.  And she stood up in front of about 300 people at the Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul to sing!  I am proud of her. 

3 comments: