Many people have kindly inquired of my family's safety from the resent deadly storms. Actually, we were on vacation on the North Carolina coast! We were relived to hear from my neighbor the day after to tell us that our neighborhood had not been struck. Unfortunately, the tornado ripped through an area only about 1/2 mile away! There are many homes destroyed and many killed near us. Pease pray for consolation and a quick recovery.
Otherwise, our vacation went very well! I only got sun burned once and only got 1 splinter. I disobeyed the "NO bare feet" sign because I did not want sand in my shoes and promptly stepped on a 2 inch splinter, wich I promptly removed, only to find out that it had left a straggler behind in my skin. So, Papa performed surgery after a failed attempt by Mama and Big Bro. Together, we cut a hole in my foot and removed the invader. Ouch.
I woke before the dawn on Saturday (I think it was Saturday...) to watch the sunrise. It was beautiful. I also enjoyed the rumbly-sream of harriers up above. I found lots of shells and lots of sleep. Oh, and my Easter present was The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. That's a good movie; you should see it.
Uh... I guess that's all. I'm about ready for bed... I just hope that last cup of coffee doesn't catch up with me...
Ooooouuuuuccchhhh!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat splinter story sent shivers down my spine! I'm guessing that was in the bottom of your foot as well; the worst place in the world for a wound.