My next visit to Casa Maria, which will occur sometime in the next three months, will mark a great stepping stone in my life. Unlike "normal" teenagers in my situation, I have focused on convent-searching versus college-searching. I have received a magnificent education from my high school as well as my faith-based family life. My disciplined, hardworking family has helped me achieve great scholastic achievements that have eventually been rewarded with numerous honors. I have been blessed with admission to the National Society of High School Scholars and have been offered various scholarships to renowned colleges and programs. All of this, I owe to my kind family and friends who have helped me get this far.
However, I find that I do not dream of the life most girls would. You might think that I will say "despite all this..." but, instead, I think that my education has only prepared me for the depth of the religious life. After much searching and prayer, I feel that I am most fit for the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word. I have researched and visited many orders that are excellent and sent me dreaming. But, at Casa Maria, I did not need to dream. My life and character is like a puzzle piece that just fits.
It is for this reason that at my visit to the convent of the Sister Servants this Summer, I will request an application to join the order. As all discerning a vocation will tell you, you can never be absolutely certain until you make the vows, but you'll always regret not trying. If I return after only a year, if I return after only a month, I will have given God first dibs and responded to a whispering voice.
Please continue to pray for me and my family, as I remember all of you in my prayers. Pax Tecum!
We will definitely be praying for you. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDelete