Tuesday, August 16
Two Truths Tuesday
So, I missed an entire week of posts. Sorry. And, I did not have time to write last week's TTT. But, this one is going to be good! I hope...
1. I went to North Tennessee to see Rugby, an old town founded by Thomas Hughes, a staunch Catholic. It was so neat to walk in the footsteps of those amazing people who lived there. The Catholic church there is small, but quite beautiful. It was founded right after the Civil War.
2. Papa was present when a chunk of steel from the World Trade Center was brought to Kingston, TN. (This year is the 10th Anniversary of 911.) The people organizing it asked him to come because of his military rank. So, he got to lead the honor guard. It was pretty cool! (I wasn't there, though. :P)
3. We went to Casa Maria for a retreat led by, none other than, an old friend of ours! Fr. D. had excellent homilies and I liked them better than the talks led by another man, Mr. D. We had so much fun; I stayed up with a group of young adults playing cards with Fr. D. until about 11 pm. We also brought Nana with us so she could see the place. My family and Fr. D. at one point burst into song after discussing O brother, Where Art Thou?. Some of them Northerners looked at us some'n strange.
Pictures to come...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I guess #2...I bet you were there! :)
ReplyDeleteOk, I'm going to guess #1.
ReplyDelete#3 left me thinking of the repeated line: "Gopher, Everett?" This is because that's what my sister whispered to me one day when one of the songs was used in the liturgy at a church we were visiting. I could have punched her in the arm. ;)
I regret that I don't get the joke - I've never actually seen the movie! But it sounds very like your sister... In fact, it sounds very like my sister... :P
ReplyDelete