Tuesday, August 2

Two Truths Tuesday

Two Truths Tuesday
Movies!

1.  I saw Captain America with Papa and Big Bro.  Excellent!!  Definitely made for teenagers and adults, though.  The movie is great because it captures the spirit of Americans and shows the makeup of a true hero: a completely unselfish kid from Brooklyn.  Steve Rogers is an all-around, good-hearted American soldier who uses his abilities to save lives and stop bullies. 

2.  Gods and Generals is my favorite movie, especially in its portrayal of Colonel Chamberlain.  I love its outlook on Southern life and traditions.  I do prefer Martin Sheen for Lee rather than Robert Duvall, though. 

3.  Just watched North and South (story by Elizabeth Gaskel) again.  Great movie!  After knowing the story, I see that, morally, Mr. Thornton was right on most of the issues Margaret disliked him for.  (Such as punishing the man who lit his pipe in the factory.)  I love the book, too.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely no idea. I guess #3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got me there, too. I'm going with #1 because I know next to nothing about Captain America.

    As for #2 -- I prefer Martin Sheen's General Lee as well.

    And #3 -- That is my favorite movie. And the thing is, both Mr. Thornton and Margaret are wrong about some issues enough for me not to be able to guess if this is the lie... ;)

    Did you know that the actor playing Thornton is going to be Thorin Oakenshield in the Hobbit movies? I'm trying to wrap my mind around how a man over 6' is going to play a Dwarf, but heck, Thorin is going to have an amazing accent....

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I didn't know that. I'm not really familiar with the Hobbit, but if John Rice Davies can play a dwarf, I guess anyone can! ;)
    (Oh, and agreed on the awesome accent.)

    "Mr. Thornton" played a German spy in Captain America. He plays a good bad guy.

    ReplyDelete