I just taught my first real piano lesson, complete with voice lesson. Wait! Stop and reverse that. It started out when my dearest Fidelio requested that I step in for a minute and help her voice students warm up while she checked on V. That "step in" turned into about 2 hours of voice/piano teaching. It felt like a year!
After the first two lessons Fidelio says, "I'm exhausted. Do you want to teach my students?" Not knowing that the first two lessons were with the only mature kids of the day, I felt quite prepared for the task ahead and steadfastly walked (or shall I say, swaggered, as only Americans know how) to my doom.
I love children, but I can't help feeling relieved that I don't have to take some home with me. With each student I gained a new respect for my parents and all parents who steadfastly take on the responsibility of raising a child. I will treasure the experience!
For now, Fidelio gave me at least a 30 minute break, at the end of which I do not know if I will be once again subject to a very tiring Ash Wednesday penance...
No comments:
Post a Comment