I've had a lot of good grief the past few days. We have been completely redoing our eroded backyard after having drains installed. I have been moving everything from bags of river rock and mulch, to lifting (with papa's help, of course) left over concrete slabs (three ft long, 12 in wide, and 6 in deep) from having the driveway dug up and half-rotten railroad ties. Quite frankly, I've had a lot of good Lenten penance the past few days. There is not an inch of my body that is not sore.
I was able to spend the weekend at the convent with servants. The retreat master was awesome! And, we all got to be silent! Its amazing how much better you can think without having to listen to your own voice. We stayed for a few hours extra to prepare for the next retreat to be held for priests. It was great! I got to clean bathrooms! Uh, yeah, another form of good grief...
Its been days since even a scheduled post! I should endeavor to do better...
Cleaning bathrooms! Sounds like fun! (Hahaha)
ReplyDeleteThe kind of work you described does not appeal to me...I'm too weak to carry heavy things! My way of helping out is playing the piano when everyone else is outside so that they don't have to hear me practicing (or screeching). :P