Monday, April 4

Big Bro is in town! Well, he was in town.

So, we had Big Bro over for a little over 24 hours.  Just enough time to get his hair cut, eat five meals, and make a speech at six Masses.  Oh, yes, he also added a new car game to our wide collection.  His purpose was to raise money for our seminarians.  Did you know that it costs an average of $40,000 to send a man to seminary per year!  It is incredible.  And, by the way, he graduates from college seminary this May!

I also sang the Bach/Gounod Ave Maria for a wedding.  The bride and groom were 65-year-old classmates who had never been married before!  It was such a beautiful wedding! And, Mama and I did very well on the music.  I let that b flat ring in the church until a dove went soaring through it and took flight to Heaven!  (Or, at least that is what my voice teacher told me to feel like...)

2 comments:

  1. "To get his hair cut?!"

    Sorry, couldn't resist the Emma quote. :) Glad everything went well at the wedding, and hope to see you guys sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I wish I'd thought of that...

    ReplyDelete